Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Girl, you DO need a man!









I don’t need a man I can do everything all by myself…

Welp… I know I’m going to ruffle a few feathers with this post but it’s been heavy on my heart for a while. I wanted to be mindful of others feelings but I have to be honest and speak my truth.

A while ago I was in Vegas visiting one of my dear friends and we started to talk about relationships and love. My good friend is such an amazing, accomplished and strong woman I sometimes find myself in awe of her. After girl talking with her about our personal experiences in life, I have come to realize so many women need to hear my message.





Growing up in a single parent home, women are often brought up with the “independent woman” mentality. We often times don’t have great examples of long lasting, loving relationships. Without realizing, these images help to shape our views on relationships and love. We see our mothers cook, clean, pay the bills and look great while doing it so we get the whole “ I can do EVERYTHING on my own attitude.

Then we grow up and meet boys, boys who are not ready to settle down, boys that maybe growing and learning as well. We play games, get hurt, move on and repeat the cycle. Now it’s time to grow up, Once we have played games with the boys we fall in love and for whatever reason it doesn’t work out now we have to protect our hearts. 





This is where we, as women go wrong so many times in relationships. After growing, changing and meeting new people we go back to what we know to be true… men will let you down. We convince ourselves that in order to live a happy life with minimal disappointment WE have to do everything on our own. That is the biggest lie you could ever tell yourself!!! 





I know some women are going to fight me on this, but hear me out. Women are designed to be nurturing, men are built to be providers. If you are single and you have to do everything on your own, trust me I understand it’s not easy. Watching our parents go through similar situations I can understand why many women feel like it is best to do everything. Just understand you are denying yourself true happiness in a loving supportive relationship if you enter it with the mindset of being “independent”. 


I’m not saying enter into a relationship with the intent to be financially taken care of. That’s a decision that has to be made in your relationship. Every man wants to feel needed. Every woman wants to feel adored. Taking the need away from a man relieves him of the urgency to hunt for you. That’s really what he wants to do.

Lets stop saying that we don’t need a man to help us raise our children or support us in our lives because that’s simply not true. We do need men and men need us. If we can’t have the type of men that will stand by us through thick and thin, then we are fully capable of handling business on our own. All I’m saying is mean what you say say what you mean. If you would like a faithful partner in your life to be a witness to your struggle and shoulder to lean on, you 100% deserve it! Let a good man be that for you. There are good men out there, just be sure you know what you want when you meet them.






4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more Kua!!! Great read suga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is well thought out. It was written with balance, reason and love. I aspire to be the kind of woman who can fully fall for her man, but I am afraid of not being caught and hitting the bottom hurts. I only know because I have witnessed the consequences of free-falling in other people's lives. One day, I will take a chance and a leap of faith because my man is deserving. One day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than your man being deserving (he totally is a great guy) you deserve it! You're such a great woman and you deserve all the great things free-falling in love can offer.

      Delete