Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Eat less and feel great





I read this wonderful article on Divine Carline about portion sizes increasing over the last 20 years and our caloric intake almost doubling. This absolutely rings true for me. I have never been one to struggle with my weight but I have noticed sudden weight gain, as I have gotten older. I just chalk it up to a slowing metabolism. However, when I go out for dinner I find myself eating less and less of the meals I used to eat. I certainly noticed my portion size (in most case’s) is way too much for me. In realizing that, I typically eat half of the meal at dinner and I’ll save some for later or another day or I just wont eat the rest at all. 


               
    
                                   Burger 20 years ago                            Burger today

                          
                           Coffee 20 years ago                             Coffee today

                                 

                     
                      Pizza 20 yeas ago                                   Pizza today
        




So far cutting my portions down has helped me lose 3 pounds. I actually feel better, and I have more energy to workout. Hope this helps! 







No comments:

Post a Comment