Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In The Business of Everybody Else's Business





It’s been almost a year since I read any gossip sites or tabloid magazines. For some that may not be a big deal, but for me that is HUGE! I was addicted! Everyday some celebrities business was on display for the world to see and I was all up in it hunni. 






Maybe it was the allure of knowing people that live such wonderful lives had everyday issues like me. Maybe it was the access to the celebrity way of life.  It could also be the fact that I honestly couldn’t escape it; every Isle at the grocery store had abundance of someone’s divorce, weight-loss secrets and relationship scandal conveniently advertised for $2.99. For whatever reason I had, I found myself disgusted with myself for obsessing over someone else’s misfortune. The idea of spending time reading about a negative in someone else’s life was just not cool to me any more.

Now I find all that stuff trivial and intrusive. Could you imagine having hundreds of false accusations and stories hurled your way by people you have no idea even exist? Further more I would start to believe I actually knew these people based on media reports. INSANE I know… Crazy how after hearing so much of other peoples business we tend to feel entitled to voice our opinions on things we have absolutely no clue about. After a while I found more value in building great long lasting relationships with people that I do know rather than discussing my thoughts on how a person might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment