Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Orange County Wrap up





The St. Regis is one of my all time favorite hotels for many reasons. Reason number one being that whilst traveling as often as I do it’s great to have luxury brands offer some sort of rewards or points system. Paired with the points earned from American express you could end up with a great stay for next to nothing. The St. Regis Dana Point is absolutely stunning. While there I had a fresh berry signature cocktail made with a blend of several fresh berries with Vodka. Soooooooo good!







Freshberry







For those of you not familiar with OC you must stop by Javier’s.  Javier’s is gourmet Mexican and seafood with the flair of Newport Beach. The Crystal Cove location is one of my favorite locations of the few that are in California. This place really picks up on Friday and Saturday nights. I saw one of my fav OC housewives and her husband this past weekend. With Kobe Bryant living right up the street its only appropriate he has a drink on the menu with his namesake. “The Black Mamba” This place is not the place to go unless you are dressed to the nine's. Trust me, please spent that extra 15 minutes in the mirror making sure every hair is in place. You will thank me later.



"Black Mamba"

jalapeƱo Margarita

Filet & Lobster



In the same plaza is Mastro’s Ocean Club. Mastro's is “The” Steakhouse in Beverly Hills with a Locations in Newport Beach and Costa Mesa. I actually prefer the layout of the Newport Beach location to that of the Beverly Hills location. This location is a bit more open and a tad more modern. The location in Beverly Hills is more of a classic, dimly lit restaurant with the oh too familiar dark wood interior. I hear Friday nights are known as Cougar town… The crowd is mostly mature beautiful women and distinguished gentlemen just looking for a good meal and nice company, what could possibly be wrong with that? Thursday night is actually my favorite time to go. The woman singing on saturday night is the best! She sang all of my jams. 





Butter Cake

Truffle and Yellowtail Sashimi



The Montage Laguna Niguel has one of the best pool views ever. The Mosaic pool bar/restaurant had one of the best watermelon margarita’s I’ve ever had. I honestly like the Montage B.H better than the Laguna Niguel location because the Beverly Hills location has my favorite restaurant Bouchon.

Montage Laguna 

Watermelon Margarita


I saved my favorite for last… The Resort a Pelican Hills is beyond gorgeous, breathtaking is more appropriate. On Friday and Saturday nights The band starts around 9pm and the crowd looks like a PGA convention with all the Polo’s shits and Khaki pants everywhere. After wondering the grounds I saw two Beautiful Brides. I’m guessing they have quite a few weddings and receptions at the Resort. Although, night at the resort can be a sight, nothing can quite come close to sunset on the terrace. Please do yourself a favor and stay in the gated Villas... one of the best suites I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. 








Look what God did. 



Signature Lobster Risotto


I enjoyed my stay in Orange County, I made so many new friends and I tried so many new things dare I say I actually like it better than LA. Who knows... I still have to explore a little more and see if we should look into moving down this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment