Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ending Summer in Downtown Los Angeles




When I tell Angelino’s how I adore Downtown I am consistently greeted with the same response... “really”?  The Downtown LA of yester-year is no longer, THIS downtown is hip, sexy and very mobile. I love the idea of walking to all of my favorite restaurants and lounges or taking a taxi a few blocks to my destination. Trust me LA traffic has lived up to its reputation. While on my weeklong "stay-cation" downtown I had the pleasure of trying out several unique happy hours I’d love to share with you guys.






 Chaya Downtown is the perfect place for happy hour in the summer. The outdoor patio is perfect for a few sushi bites and cocktails. While there, I tried the duck prosciutto, and the frozen Japanese beer along with my usual yellowtail belly and salmon sushi. I wasn’t really impressed with the duck prosciutto but everything else was a hit. Chaya Downtown does have a slightly different menu than that of the Venice location. Overall I enjoyed both the Venice and Downtown locations for different reasons.

Farm fresh coconut cocktail

Seared Seabass & Spicy Ponzu


     WP24 is very well know amongst the “who’s, who” of L.A The 180 degree view of the west side of the city is reason enough for you to go and enjoy a cocktail. WP24 is honestly beautiful.

Prosecco


     Drago Restaurant is by far my favorite happy hour downtown! I was very impressed by the quality and selection of the menu for such a reasonable price. I sampled a bit of everything from smoked salmon to my favorite bruschetta and prosciutto. 


Calamari, Smoked Salmon & Prosciutto


   Nick and Steph’s steakhouse is also a favorite of mines simply for the DJ and the food. The vibe is similar to that of a roof top Chicago lounge right in the heart of Downtown LA. Just FAB!

Happy Hour Menu



I had such an amazing time Downtown and I encourage you all to treat yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed!



2 comments:

  1. Guess I will be going downtown when I move back to LA! YUM

    xoxo,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many great places to name! I can't wait for your return!

      Delete