Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fabulous 4th of July Update








Let me start off with my deepest apologies. I know a few of my loyal readers have been wondering what I have been up to for the last few months so I will try to make a longer post than normal in order to get you all up to speed. I’ll jump in with the 4th of July weekend. Because the weekend of the 4th was super long this year, M.A and I decided to take full advantage of our holiday in the sun.





On Wednesday for a late lunch we decided to try Nobu Malibu. I love that Nobu location because the views of the ocean are simply breath taking. After having a few shots of hot Sake we walked across the way to Nakita. Nakita is the newest addition to Malibu’s coast and I was honored to be apart of their opening day. I really like Nakita and with the venue being so close to Nobu it’s kind of like a 2 for 1 deal so why not?



Bar at Nakita

On to the 4th … So, because my love and I don’t have much family on the west coast we always do a little “tour of the city” visiting our favorite area’s in Beverly Hills and surrounding areas checking in on all of our favorite staff and friends. This year we decided to spend a day at the Peninsula Hotel Beverly Hills. I was super excited because I have been dying to get to the rooftop garden by the pool. Surprisingly the dining area wasn’t very big… It was very intimate and quaint, perfect for ladies who lunch. We arrived a bit early for the Barbecue, which starts at 5, so we decided to sample a few items from the menu. Up first was one of the most delicious cocktails I’ve had the pleasure of trying in a good while. So good in fact it’s a close, close second to my all time favorite Raspberry Lemon Drop at the Ritz Carlton. Be sure to try the White Pear & Peach martini… you will LOVE! 


White Pear &Peach Martini



On to the starters, we decided to try the Tuna Poke & Prosciutto. When I tell you the Tuna Poke was delicious, but the Prosciutto was out of this world. Please believe me. This Prosciutto comes highly recommended by me!


Tuna Poke

Prosciutto

I have been looking all over L.A for a proper Tomahawk. M.A has been raving about a wonderful Tomahawk in Miami for going on forever now so I was happy to find one for him a bit closer to home. With that being said, It’s no surprise we ordered the Lobster & the Tomahawk for our main course. The great thing about the barbecue menu is that once you order the entrĆ©e the sides come included and the amazing chef actually grills the food right in front of you outside on a Viking grill, genius! The food and the service was impeccable!
 
Tomahhawk & Lobster


To end our day at The Peninsula we wondered downstairs to the main bar for a cocktail. As many of my Instagram followers are well aware, my love is an avid Macallan drinker so he of course had the Macallan 18. We were surprised to find the bar now had a Macallan signature Ice globe maker. The Peninsula Hotel is one of only a few places that carry the maker besides the Original Macallan Bar inside the Montage Hotel Beverly Hills. I’m all about a good bar signature… I mean what’s the point in finding a new spot if you don’t try a specialty cocktail right? The staff convinced me that I should try the signature Chocolate Martini made popular by the Maloof families newest Vodka venture “Zing”. Once I heard the cocktail was one of Adrienne Maloofs favorite martinis, I had to try!



DeleĆ³n Shots

Macallan Ice Globe

Zing Chocolate Martini


Congratulations to the Peninsula Hotel Beverly Hills for winning #1 large City Hotel in the Continental US in Travel and leisure’s 2013 Worlds Best Awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment